Old 04-10-2010, 05:50 AM
Alkis Georgopoulos

Default ck-launch-session doesn't set x11-display-device

This was fixed in LTSP 5.2. `su` was used instead of `ck-launch-
session`, along with $CKCON_X11_DISPLAY and $CKCON_X11_DISPLAY_DEVICE
pam environment parameters, so that now LTSP fat clients properly get an
active CK session.

Closing in LTSP, the problem is still there on consolekit though.

** Changed in: ltsp (Ubuntu)

--
ck-launch-session doesn't set x11-display-device
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/535521

Status in “consolekit” package in Ubuntu: New
Status in “ltsp” package in Ubuntu: Fix Released

Bug description:
Binary package hint: consolekit

consolekit version: 0.4.1-3ubuntu1 (Lucid alpha3)

In /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90consolekit there's a call to ck-launch-session which registers a session if one hasn't been registered yet.
This is true for example in LTSP, which uses LDM instead of GDM.

The problem is that ck-launch-session doesn't set x11-display-device, so ck-list-sessions for that session contains:
active = FALSE
x11-display = ':0'
x11-display-device = '
display-device = '/dev/pts/0'

If I replace that ck-launch-session call with a python script of my own, which calls OpenSessionWithParameters with
params.append (("x11-display-device", dbus.String ('/dev/tty7', variant_level=1)))
instead, then the session correctly contains:
active = TRUE
x11-display = ':0'
x11-display-device = '/dev/tty7'
display-device = '

Maybe the problem is that ck-launch-session doesn't have the necessary permissions to call `fgconsole` to check the active tty, and so it should find some non privileged way to do it?

Of course, the end result is that PolicyKit doesn't work as expected, since the session is considered not active, so we can't mount drives etc.