Old 04-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Alkis Georgopoulos

Default Audio Feedback Loop on LTSP Client

Fix released in LTSP 5.2.1.

** Changed in: ltsp (Ubuntu)

--
Audio Feedback Loop on LTSP Client
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/472935

Status in “ltsp” package in Ubuntu: Fix Released

Bug description:
I've just finished a clean install of the LTSP edition of 9.10 Karmic in my ESXi 3.5 HyperVisor. I finally managed to get the VM Tools installed for memory ballooning, enhance network, etc. Everything went smoothly.

Next I tried the first PXE boot of an LTSP client. I'm using my Lenovo T60 notebook (Intel T2500 Core Duo, 3 GB RAM, Intel GbE, Intel 945GMA chipset/graphics).

It boots fine and I can login and use applications like normal. However, as soon as the login screen appears I hear a high-pitched audio feedback loop through the speakers.

I figured I would just have to adjust and/or mute the mic volume once I logged in, so I hit the hardware mute button and did just that. But When the mic is muted and even when I change the hardware profile to "Analog Stereo Output" instead of "Analog Stereo Duplex" (thereby disabling the mic control completely), it makes no difference. If I turn the volume down to the point where I can barely hear the audio anyway the feedback problem goes away.

All updates installed as of 2 Nov 2009 and the updated chroot/ltsp has been created.

Linux ltsp1 2.6.31-14-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 16 14:04:26 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux