Old 03-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Ben Crisford

Default Edu/Ubuntu Collaborative BugDay

Hello everyone,

Next week, on Tuesday 6th April, Edubuntu are looking to host a collaborative bug day between the Edubuntu Bugsquad, and the Ubuntu Bugsquad.

The day will be focusing on the educational packages in ubuntu, (i.e. the ones included in Edubuntu).* A list of these packages, and the bug reports filed under them can be found at http://tinyurl.com/EduBugs .

There are 300 open bugs there, 262 unassigned, and only 3 in progress!

This urgently needs to get sorted.* Developers cannot be expected to find bugs that need fixing when there are bugs listed there that haven't been replied to and were reported in gutsy.

We would very grateful if the Ubuntu bugsquad could take part in this day.* Because these are bugs in ubuntu packages also, and you have over 1000 members on launchpad.* If your team of bug-squashing enthusiasts was a third the size of what it is, it would still only require each member to triage 1 before everything was sorted out.

The Edubuntu bugsquad on the other hand has only 78 members, and it is hard to say how many are active.* We could host as many bug days as we want and still not get this fixed.* But if the Ubuntu bug squad are willing to take part, then we can have this sorted in no time at all, and the developers can come in and do their thing.

Ben

Old 04-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Ben Crisford

Just a reminder about the exciting edubuntu/ubuntu collaborative bug day tommorrow on #ubuntu-bugs .

See: This Email or This BlogPost for more information.

Ben