Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Ben Crisford

Default Qcad menu entry lacks a category in lucid 10.04

I'll take a look at this .

** Changed in: qcad (Ubuntu)
Assignee: (unassigned) => Ben Crisford (bencrisford)

--
Qcad menu entry lacks a category in lucid 10.04
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/536975

Status in “qcad” package in Ubuntu: Confirmed

Bug description:
Binary package hint: qcad

After installing qcad from synaptic , there was no menu entry of qcad in any category (in applications menu)

However if you type "qcad" in the terminal the program starts and works just fine.

A manual fix :
This can be fixed by adding manually Qcad in the Applications-->Graphics category
This is how :
-We right click the "Applications" menu button and press "Edit Menus"
-In the new window that appears we go to the option "Graphics"
and on the right side of the window we press the option "New item"
-A new small window will appear in which we write in the "Name" the word Qcad
and in "Command" we write /usr/bin/qcad

That's it!
We can see now our Qcad menu entry in Applications --> Graphics

Release: 10.04
kernel : 2.6.32-16-generic

qcad:
Installed: 2.0.5.0-1+090318-2
Candidate: 2.0.5.0-1+090318-2
Version table:
*** 2.0.5.0-1+090318-2 0
500 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com lucid/universe Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

If there is any other info you would like to have please tell me so.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Ben Crisford

I think I have found the problem, should be relatively simple to fix.
I'm off for the night now, but i'll sort and patch tommorrow.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Ben Crisford

** Changed in: qcad (Ubuntu)

--
Qcad menu entry lacks a category in lucid 10.04
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/536975
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Edubuntu
Bugsquad, which is subscribed to qcad in ubuntu.

Status in “qcad” package in Ubuntu: In Progress

Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
Ben Crisford

Hey Anton!

Thank you for your work !

Unfortunately there does seem to be a problem with the debdiff. What
seems to have happened is that you're debdiff describes the old content
of the edited files as new content, and your new content as the original
content.

What I imagine has happened, is when running the debdiff command you compared the .dscs in the wrong order. The problem should be resolved by re-running the debdiff command, but with this syntax:
debdiff original.dsc new.dsc > new.debdiff
But obviously replace "original" and "new" with the correct filenames .

Thank you for your help so far !
Ben

Old 05-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Ben Crisford

If you do some work on this and upload a fresh patch, then please change
the tag back to just "patch" (sans quotes).

Thanks again!
Ben