Old 03-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Ben Crisford

Default Qcad menu entry lacks a category in lucid 10.04

** Changed in: qcad (Ubuntu)

--
Qcad menu entry lacks a category in lucid 10.04
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/536975

Status in “qcad” package in Ubuntu: Confirmed

Bug description:
Binary package hint: qcad

After installing qcad from synaptic , there was no menu entry of qcad in any category (in applications menu)

However if you type "qcad" in the terminal the program starts and works just fine.

A manual fix :
This can be fixed by adding manually Qcad in the Applications-->Graphics category
This is how :
-We right click the "Applications" menu button and press "Edit Menus"
-In the new window that appears we go to the option "Graphics"
and on the right side of the window we press the option "New item"
-A new small window will appear in which we write in the "Name" the word Qcad
and in "Command" we write /usr/bin/qcad

That's it!
We can see now our Qcad menu entry in Applications --> Graphics

Release: 10.04
kernel : 2.6.32-16-generic

qcad:
Installed: 2.0.5.0-1+090318-2
Candidate: 2.0.5.0-1+090318-2
Version table:
*** 2.0.5.0-1+090318-2 0
500 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com lucid/universe Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

If there is any other info you would like to have please tell me so.