Old 03-18-2010, 05:02 PM
David Groos

Default Install now, upgrade later?

Hi All

I've got a promise of a new 64 bit server (well, new for me).* And, I'd like to be using it ASAP to better run 2 classes off the same server.*

I'm assuming that, since this new server is 64 bit I can't clone my current 32 bit server on to it so I will have to install a new server on it.

Ideally, I'd like to do the following. I'd like to install Lucid server onto the new hardware while I've got some time (the one week spring break starts March 28th for me).* Of course Lucid will still be a fairly beta version at that time.*

So, how likely is it to work with me installing the beta version, setting it up, and then constantly upgrading through the release of the final version (probably being) some time towards the end of April?* Any estimations on the likelihood of success on this upgrading, anyone?

Thanks,
David

Old 03-19-2010, 01:40 AM
David Groos

Thanks Dale.* I kinda guessed this but I needed to hear from someone who
had experience.* Guess I'll go for Karmic if only for 2 months--hope
setup goes somewhat smoothly!
David