Old 03-17-2010, 06:40 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Meeting Notes, 17 March 2010

Greetings!

Notes from tonight's meeting:

== Present ==

• sbalneav
• highvoltage
• alkisg
• mgariepy
• stgraber
• Lns

== Technical ==

• LiveCD is still without squashfs, I emailed lamont about it but
haven't received a reply, I'm not sure whether he's actually around atm
• GDM background is fixed, missing icons in breathe-theme isnow fixed...
• LTSP live script works when an image is available (I just tested it
via sshfs on the livecd)
• LTSP installer script is in progress, although the current add-in
script for ubiquity currently freezes it. (hoping to get that fixed this
week)
• Fat clients are working fine now with local disks / permissions and
everything... some programs don't run with sshfs (e.g. evolution) so I
implemented an NFS_HOME lts.conf variablefor it
• Bug that crashes X when enter is pressed is now resolved

== Edubuntu Council ==

• Edubuntu Council members are already a member of the edubuntu-dev
group, no voting necessary
• dhillon-v10 application for edubuntu-dev: +1 from highvoltage, Lns,
stgraber, sbalneav, alkisg, sbalneav. dhillion-v10 is now an Edubuntu
Developer

== sbalneav's wisdom for the week ==

21:27 < sbalneav> Hey, fall down 99 times, get up 100. Screw-ups are
never a problem, only give-ups

.

Next Edubuntu meeting, Wednesday next week again at 19:00 UTC.

Have a great week.

-Jonathan