Old 03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Stéphane Graber

Default edubuntu-dev approved for Edubuntu uploads

Hey everyone,

I wasn't able to attend the Technical Board meeting myself today but the
result is that edubuntu-dev is now approved for uploads in either main
or universe for packages in the Edubuntu package set.

The Edubuntu package set has also been updated but I guess Colin will be
doing the final tweaking (including a few remaining packages).

Attached is the IRC log and the current package set.
As of now, nobody in the Edubuntu team is part of that team and so only
Richard and I have upload rights for that package set (being coredev).

I'm expecting to have application for Edubuntu dev to be part of one of
our next meetings (probably not tomorrow's but more likely next week) so
we can extend the number of Edubuntu contributors with upload rights.

Thanks to Jonathan for setting up the required wiki pages and adding our
application to the TB agenda.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer
http://www.ubuntu.com
17:07 < sabdfl> [VOTE] Edubuntu Council to assume responsibility for edubuntu-dev as per https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2010-February/003323.html
17:07 < MootBot> Please vote on: Edubuntu Council to assume responsibility for edubuntu-dev as per https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2010-February/003323.html.
17:07 < MootBot> Public votes can be registered by saying +1/-1/+0 in the channel, private votes by messaging the channel followed by +1/-1/+0 to MootBot
17:07 < MootBot> E.g. /msg MootBot +1 #ubuntu-meeting
17:07 < sabdfl> +1
17:07 < MootBot> +1 received from sabdfl. 1 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 1
17:08 < cjwatson> let's just be explicit, this is also a request for edubuntu-dev to be allowed to upload to packages in the edubuntu package set, yes?
17:08 < sabdfl> yes
17:08 < cjwatson> I just noticed that that was mentioned nowhere explicitly in the mail, but there isn't much point otherwise
17:08 < sabdfl> at least, that's my understanding, if that's what kubuntu-dev does
17:08 < cjwatson> it is
17:09 < kees> +1 (looks to me like the right set of people in that council)
17:09 < MootBot> +1 received from kees. 2 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 2
17:09 < Keybuk> +1
17:09 < MootBot> +1 received from Keybuk. 3 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 3
17:09 < cjwatson> I'm happy with the request, Edubuntu has been quite active of late and it's good to see them getting organised like this
17:09 < pitti> I know three members from the current team pretty well, and I trust stgraber to pick good developers (he is also in the DMB after all)
17:09 < cjwatson> +1
17:09 < MootBot> +1 received from cjwatson. 4 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 4
17:09 < pitti> thus
17:09 < pitti> +1
17:09 < MootBot> +1 received from pitti. 5 for, 0 against. 0 have abstained. Count is now 5
17:09 < sabdfl> [ENDVOTE]
17:09 < MootBot> Final result is 5 for, 0 against. 0 abstained. Total: 5
17:09 < sabdfl> yay!
17:10 < sabdfl> motion carried, congratulations, edubuntu
17:10 < cjwatson> I'll implement
== All uploaders for package set 'edubuntu' in 'lucid' ==
Archive Upload Rights for ubuntu-core-dev: package set 'edubuntu' in lucid

== All source packages in package set 'edubuntu' in 'lucid' ==
anki
atomix
beaker
configobj
dia
edubuntu-artwork
edubuntu-docs
edubuntu-meta
foolscap
gartoon
gccxml
global
gnet
gobby
inkscape
ipython
italc
kakasi
libdbd-mysql-perl
libmikmod
liferea
mako
matplotlib
mimetex
miscfiles
moodle
net6
nose
obby
pessulus
postgresql-common
pyparsing
python-apptools
python-enthoughtbase
python-pysqlite2
python-setupdocs
python-traits
python-tz
python-uniconvertor
qcad
ri-li
sabayon
sdl-image1.2
sdl-mixer1.2
sdl-ttf2.0
sdlpango
sjfonts
smarty
smpeg
sqlalchemy
ttf-sil-andika
ttf-sil-doulos
tuxmath
tuxpaint
tuxpaint-stamps
tuxtype
unicode-data
vym
wxwidgets2.8
xaos

Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Jordan Mantha

Congrats!!!!

This is indeed a dream come true for me. I'm so happy to see the
Edubuntu Council and team in general, on such a good track for the
future. Rock on!

-Jordan

Old 03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

On 10/03/2010 01:45, Stéphane Graber wrote:
> I wasn't able to attend the Technical Board meeting myself today but the
> result is that edubuntu-dev is now approved for uploads in either main
> or universe for packages in the Edubuntu package set.

That's great news! I was wondering about this this afternoon, I
should've checked my mail

Next Wednesday will be an EC meeting at 19:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting

If anyone would like to apply for upload rights, please add your name to
the agenda and update your wiki page (or create a separate one) accordingly)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Meetings/Agenda

Requirements are explained on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Documentation/Developers

-Jonathan