Old 02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Edubuntu Meeting Notes from 17 Feb 2010, 19:00 UTC

Greetings

Below are some notes from last night's meeting. The next meeting is the
same time next week, 24 February 2010 at 19:00 UTC.

== Present ==

• Lns
• sbalneav
• stgraber
• highvoltage
• alkisg
• joerg
• mgariepy
• Riddell

== Technical ==

• Edubuntu daily builds are working again, was caused by installation
failure from parley
• We now have daily builds, including over 130 different languages, the
LTSP packages on the DVD, the netbook packages on the DVD, the menu
editor and updated artwork
• it's pretty much it for the DVD, only remaining items are the netbook
interface and LTSP live
• ltsp-scripts for live cd isn't such a monster, but we need that ltsp
squashfs
• edubuntu-menu-editor is now included:
http://www.stgraber.org/2010/02/16/say-hi-edubuntu-menu-editor
• more work today was done on ltspfs to squash the "everyone sees
everyone elses mounts" problem. I have something committed to the
branch, and stgraber's going to cut ltsp 5.2 soon
• menu editor: yesterday mgariepy added the possibility to show/hide
system groups (gid < 1000) in profilemanager
• artwork: highvoltage has updated default wallpaper with mads'
wallpaper, updated icon theme to Breathe, although it's currently
broken. will fix by Friday

== Community ==

Bug Day:

• gimp has been identified for bug day so far, highvoltage will add
newly added edu packages to our bugs aggregator in launchpad

Website:

• Hedgemadge says Vdhillon has been really helpful in getting most of
the settings stuff hacked out -- I need to do the theme and a couple of
feature set-ups. I'll be knocking some of that out in the next few days
if all goes according to plan

== EC ==

• mgariepy newest Edubuntu/Ubuntu member!
• We will not elect a chairman or leader, however, each EC meeting shall
have a rotating chair, rotated in alphabetical order by IRC nickname who
will be able to break a split vote with an additional vote. highvoltage
will update charter and send to the list.

-Jonathan