Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM
David Groos

Default Looking for recommendations: simple GIMP

Hi All,

I want students to be able to annotate images, such as photos taken through a microscope, adding arrows and labels to parts of the image, for example.* It might also be nice if there were contrast/brightness/saturation controls.* Need the ability to export back to jpeg/png.* I don't want really any other capabilities.* I just used GIMP for the first time and I had to wade through 'layers' and tons of other concepts that I don't need but it does look awesome.* Does anyone have advice on software that would be good for this need?* This is a very key app in a science classroom and will form part of the basic set of apps for my program.

Thanks!
David

Old 02-18-2010, 01:18 PM
David Groos

Cool solution Antonello!* I'll give it a try.* This sounds like a simple and complete solution.
David