Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Wiki Hug Day Results

A few times before we decided to basically start over with our wiki.
Instead of taking a drastic approach, we decided to filter through
everything and keep any pages with historic or any future value. Pages
that had lots of obsolete information with no historic value were
deleted. Also pages with for ideas that were never even half-way
finished from a few years back.

Some pages with ideas had quite a lot of information in them that was
good, so they were moved to the specifications area, even though
they're not technically specification yet, but we can decide whether
we want to transform or ditch them at a future stage.

The amount of pages that's not under the /Edubuntu namespace have
shrunk drastically. I'll give this a few more pushes and then we will
probably have a much more nicer wiki by next week this time.

A few stats:

* 43 Wiki Pages and subpages and redirects were deleted
* 22 Wiki Pages were moved to a more appropriate place
* 18 Other Wiki pages got some attention

== Deleted ==

* EdubuntuInvitationArtwork -> Deleted (Obsolete Page)
* EdubuntuOneDotZeroRoadmap -> Deleted
* EdubuntuPress -> Deleted (Obsolete Redirect)
* EdubuntuTesting -> Deleted (*Really* old info)
* EdubuntuTestingPlan -> Deleted (Obsolete page)
* EdubuntuTestingTeam -> Deleted (Obsolete page)
* EdubuntuSounds -> Deleted (Links to more broken links)
* EdubuntuStudyContent -> Deleted (Expired initiative with not much
information)
* EdubuntuStudyPackages -> Deleted (Obsolete redirct)
* EdubuntuSiteCollaborationTools -> Deleted (Obsolete Website
planning page with little historical value)
* EdubuntuSiteFeatures -> Deleted (Obsolete Website planning page
with little historical value)
* EdubuntuSiteOfficialContent -> Deleted (Obsolete Website planning
page with little historical value)
* Edubuntu/WikiSite/Website/OfficialConten -> Deleted (Obsolete
Website planning page with little historical value)
* EdubuntuSoftware -> Deleted (Obsolete Redirect)
* EdubuntuSoftwareList -> Deleted (Obsolete Redirect)
* EdubuntuSoftwareList/es -> Deleted
* EdubuntuSchoolAdvocacy -> Deleted (Old planning document for
documentation that has long since been implemented, holds no useful
historical information)
* EdubuntuCommercialFeedback -> Deleted (Obsolete Page)
* EdubuntuCommunity -> Deleted (Obsolete redirect)
* EdubuntuCommunityIntegration -> Deleted (Old ideas, very little
historic purpose)
* EdubuntuLtspWiring -> Deleted (Obsolete Redirect)
* EdubuntuDistupgrade -> Deleted (Really obsolete technical information)
* EdubuntuEdgyCDdiet -> Deleted (Obsolete contentless specification)
* EdubuntuEdgyIdeas -> Deleted (Obsolete planning page with little
historical value)
* EdubuntuEdgyLTSPFeatureIdeas -> Deleted (Obsolete planning page
with little historical value)
* EdubuntuEdutainment -> Deleted (Incomplete spec that is mostly contentless)
* EdubuntuFAQ -> Deleted (Obsolete redirect)
* EdubuntuHowto -> Deleted (Yet another documentation discussion page
that is obsolete with no historical value)
* EdubuntuMeetingAgenda -> Deleted (Obsolete Redirect)
* EdubuntuMeetingRecords -> Deleted (Obsolete Redirect)
* EdubuntuMainInclusion -> Deleted
* EdubuntuKnot3LTSPTesting -> Deleted (Very old testing page)
* EdubuntuInstalledApplications -> EdubuntuInstalledApplications
(Move page to appropriate namespace, preserved for historical
purposes)
* EdubuntuDapperGoals -> Deleted (EdubuntuDapperGoals)
* EdubuntuLeaflet -> Deleted (Obsolete Page)
* EdubuntuLtsConfParams -> Deleted (One of my old pages that's
horribly obsolete)
* EdubuntuSchoolSupport -> Deleted (Obsolete Page)
* EdubuntuMeetingRecords/Archive -> Deleted (obsolete redirect)
* EdubuntuLight -> Deleted (Obsolete discussion page)
* Edubuntu/Meetings/Records -> Deleted (Obsoleted page replaced by newer)
* EdubuntuArtwork/Ubuntoon -> Deleted (Obsolete and incomplete specification)
* Edubuntu/specs -> Deleted (Been replaced by 'specifications')

= Moved =

=== Specifications ===

Note: The wiki links on the specification pages still need to be
updated. LP doesn't seem to provide a function for this, so we'll
co-ordinate with an admin or something.

* EdubuntuCDPrintingPlans -> Edubuntu/Specifications/CDPrintingPlans
* edubuntu-profile-session ->
Edubuntu/Specifications/edubuntu-profile-session (Link needs fixing on
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-profile-and-network-session-management)
* EdubuntuXfceDesktop -> Edubuntu/Specifications/XfceDesktop (Link
needs fixing on
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-xfce-desktop)
* EdubuntuUserManagement -> Edubuntu/Specifications/UserManagement
(Link needs fixing on
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-user-management)
* EdubuntuViaNetBoot -> Deleted, old redirect
* EdubuntuDriveImagingSpec -> Edubuntu/Specifications/DriveImagingSpec
(Moved page to appropriate namespace)
* EdubuntuDynamicMenus -> Edubuntu/Specifications/DynamicMenus (Moved
page to appropriate namespace)
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-menus-completion)
* EdubuntuContentServer -> Edubuntu/Specifications/ContentServer
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-content-server)
* EdubuntuResetDesktopSession ->
Edubuntu/Specifications/ResetDesktopSession
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-reset-desktop-session)
* EdubuntuSoftwareSurvey -> Edubuntu/Specifications/SoftwareSurvey
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-software-survey)
* EdubuntuLoadBalancing -> Edubuntu/Specifications/LTSPLoadBalancing
(Moved page to appropriate namespace)
* EdubuntuData -> Edubuntu/Specifications/ContentData (Move page to
appropriate namespace)
* EdubuntuK12LTSPFeatures -> Edubuntu/Specifications/K12LTSPFeatures
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-k12ltsp-features)
* EdubuntuKDE -> Edubuntu/Specifications/KDE-Integration
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-kde)
* EdubuntuMassMaintenance -> Edubuntu/Specifications/MassMaintenance
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-mass-maintenance)
* EdubuntuNetworkAuthClient ->
Edubuntu/Specifications/NetworkAuthClient
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-network-auth-client)
* EdubuntuNetworkAuthServer ->
Edubuntu/Specifications/NetworkAuthServer
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-network-auth-server)
* EdubuntuOnTwoCDs -> Edubuntu/Specifications/EdubuntuOnTwoCDs
(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/edubuntu-on-two-cds)
* Edubuntu/specs/lucid/ltsp-gui-install ->
Edubuntu/Specifications/ltsp-gui-install (Moved page to appropriate
namespace)
* Edubuntu/NewUserAdminTool ->
Edubuntu/Specifications/NewUserAdminTool (oved page to appropriate
namespace)

== Artwork ==

* EdubuntuCdLabelAndSlip ->
Edubuntu/Specifications/Artwork/CdLabelAndSlip (Move page to
appropriate namespace)

== Pages that still need to moved ==

* EdubuntuClassroomLogoff (doc)
* EdubuntuDHCPload-balancingFailover (doc)
* EdubuntuDefaultDesktopLanguage (doc)
* EdubuntuIdeasForBoston (possibly some good ideas, we should review)
* EdubuntuLTSPUpgradeNotes (doc)
* EdubuntuLogo (should be preserved somewhere)
* EdubuntuProxy (doc)
* EdubuntuShippingPlans
* EdubuntuSummit (event)
* EdubuntuSummitGallerys (event)
* EdubuntuSummitNotes (event)

-Jonathan

Old 01-22-2010, 04:19 AM
Vikram Dhillon

Awesome job guys, is there anything left for me, exams are over so
yay!!! I can help out more

Vikram Dhillon

~~~
There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
-- Linus Torvalds