Old 01-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Jonathan Carter

Default Meeting Minutes 2010-01-06

6 January 2010:

== Present ==

• highvoltage
• stgraber
• alkisg
• mgariepy
• Lns
• HedgeMage
• dhillon-v10
• nixternal

== Agenda ==

• Technical updates (FeatureFreeze is early February)
∘ Sabayon
∘ Lucid netbook
∘ LTSP Fat Client support
∘ Daily image build
∘ Edubuntu Menu editor
• Website / Wiki
• Bug Hug Day
• Other businesses ?

Technical:

• Netbook seeds have been done, packages should now be available in
new daily builds
• Daily builds are running, a broken package is causing it not to
complete, seems common between derivatives at the moment
• Fat client support is now in Lucid
• Menu editor will be about done by the end of the week. Bunch of
bugfixes and profile building still to do.
• gksu is still broken, as a result Sabayon still status quo

Website/wiki:

• Work is synced on http://github.com/HedgeMage/edubuntuorg/issues ,
we'll probably stick to filing website related bugs on launchpad
against edubuntu-website, we could try private repos in LP as well
• Hedgemage is working on a new theme and has optimised the database
(down from 190MB to about 3MB)
• Mockups at http://imagebin.ca/view/KgCXBt.html and
http://imagebin.ca/view/5n49WaF.html

Bug Day:

• Blog about it, get the word out
• If you are around on the 12th, please hang out in #edubuntu to field
questions when people join in

Artwork:

• Mads Rosendahl who did the LDM ubuntu artwork said he can make us
some wallpapers/artwork. If we get that in time and it's good, then we
can get artwork finalised fairly early on

Next meeting:

Same place same time, 1 week later: Wednesday 13 January 2010, 19:00 UTC

Have fun, happy new year and keep well!

-Jonathan