Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Christopher Chan

Default KDE wants your input

David Groos wrote:
> The ¨Wii Board¨ features that interest me are:
> --Very inexpensive (have one in every room even in economically poor
> districts as long as has data projector)

The Wii board solution may be cheap but the projectors sure are not
yet...when is the LED projector going to finally rear its head?

> --Can project on a 10 by 7 foot screen so details are large enough for
> people in the back of class to see.

Viewing angle of IR sensor = 45'
Range apparently = 5m

I think you can support much larger than that at 1024x768 resolution.
You just need a projector that has the power...

> I´ve heard that ActiveVIsion has a Linux version though don´t think it
> is open source and not sure if it´s working. If you get this working w/
> Linux Christopher please post your experiences!

Yes, I am waiting for this. I was told that it will come out this quarter.

cheers,

Christopher