Old 01-12-2009, 11:44 PM
"David Van Assche"

Default community/help contacts

We are trying to restructure the website as best as possible, and want
to get some feedback for the listed contacts on the community pages
and help pages. Are you still active there? Should we replace the
contact with someone elses?

here they are:

That is the community page:

English: Jordan Mantha - laserjock@ubuntu.com
English or Afrikaans: Jonathan Carter - jonathan@ubuntu.com
English or Tagalog: Jerome Gotangco - jgotangco@ubuntu.com
German: Oliver Grawert - ogra@ubuntu.com
Spanish: Mauricio Hernandez mhz@ubuntu.com

And the help page:

Technical / General Jordan Mantha laserjock@ubuntu.com laserjock
Documentation Jerome Gotangco jgotangco@ubuntu.com jsgotangco
Community Contact / Web Jonathan Carter jonathan@ubuntu.com highvoltage
EdubuntuWiki David Van Assche info@nubae.com nubae
Education Richard Weideman richard@ubuntu.com RichED

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche

Old 01-14-2009, 03:29 PM
"Jordan Mantha"

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM, David Van Assche <dvanassche@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are trying to restructure the website as best as possible, and want
> to get some feedback for the listed contacts on the community pages
> and help pages. Are you still active there? Should we replace the
> contact with someone elses?

I really wonder if we can get away without having specific contact
people. The problem is that they create a single point of "failure",
often become outdated, and put a burden on the contacts. Is the reason
we have these because some people don't like mailing lists? And if
so, can we make it less scary for them?

-Jordan