Old 12-27-2008, 05:34 PM
"JD Barrett"

Default Greetings from a Newbie

Hello all, while I'm not new to Ubuntu I am kind of a newbie to Edubuntu.* Not much to hack out as the similarities are much more than the differences.* This switch was inspired by my 3-year-old son and my desire to homeschool.

While it may seem that the assumed liberality of the FOSS community would collide with the assumed conservatism of the Homeschool community, I beg to differ.* Both groups have similar goals, independence, stretching yourself beyond predetermined boundaries, and a love of learning.

So, while generally all of my experience is as an end-user, I'm glad to join the group here and maybe I can actually say something worth mention from time to time.

Respectfully,
JD Barrett

Old 12-27-2008, 11:54 PM
"Stefan Nuxoll"

Cool, it's always interesting to see Edubuntu used in new environments.* Feel free to join us here on the mailing lists as well

Stefan Nuxoll <stefan@nuxoll.eu.org>