Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Reiner Schmid

Default Hardy 8.041 ltsp dhcp frozen?

Hello

Until the end of August I used* Gutsy 7.10 at school, but now in
September I wanted to change the classroom system to the new edition
Hardy.

I didnīt upgrade, I wanted a complete new installation on my* server.
So I worked with two test clients at home and noticed a strange
behaviour. The server worked very very slowly at some times, there was
no chance to work as admin on the server. It was during boot process of
the clients. But I didnīt want to notice it .......

But now at school (9 clients) the freezing process has the result, that
only two clients reached the status of ldm screen. The others had no
contact to the dhcp3-server ....

So I tried at home

stopping and starting the dhcp3- server (3-seconds-period) with

sudo /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server restart

during boot process of one client

Gutsy

no problem: You can start and stop dhcpd after few seconds. No
freezing!

Hardy

First no problem. But during boot you are able to freeze the dhcpd.

I tried this with a second server. The same bug!

Perhaps there are more users who suffer from the problem.

TOPIC: DHCP server (sometimes) not found

http://sudan.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=830748

Thanks

Reiner