-   Edubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/)
-   -   Education Applications on Denemo (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/162156-education-applications-denemo.html)

Richard Shann 09-18-2008 09:59 AM

Education Applications on Denemo

I am the Developer behind the recent developments in the GNU Denemo music notation program.
I have been developing the capabilities of Denemo for education purposes and thought
you would want to know about the following:
"Denemo has just acquired its first education-specific feature today: a
note-naming practice utility. On selecting this the student is presented with a series of notes and
has to name them to achieve a score & visual feedback of success or
failure for each note named.
This is part of the current Denemo development exploiting scripting to
extend Denemo into many areas, of which education is one of the most
promising. The scripting facility will be available in the next release, 0.8.0
- expected with two months."

Richard Shann