Old 09-11-2008, 06:39 PM
john

Default Has this list been superceded?

Hi all,

I've noticed that this list is getting less and less active and
questions are simply going un-answered. Has the discussion about
ubuntu and ltsp shifted elsewhere?

Thanks!

John

Old 09-11-2008, 07:09 PM
"Jordan Mantha"

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM, john <lists.john@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed that this list is getting less and less active and
> questions are simply going un-answered. Has the discussion about
> ubuntu and ltsp shifted elsewhere?

superseded, no. underutilized, I think so.

Much of the current LTSP discussion is still on the edubuntu-users
list. I'd like to get people using this list again for more
development related issues. I think the list will start seeing more
traffic soonish.

-Jordan

Old 09-22-2008, 10:43 AM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Hi Jordan

Jordan Mantha wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:39 AM, john <lists.john@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've noticed that this list is getting less and less active and
>> questions are simply going un-answered. Has the discussion about
>> ubuntu and ltsp shifted elsewhere?
>
> superseded, no. underutilized, I think so.

I agree with you there. At least a small part of it is my fault. Just
keeping up with my e-mails from all the lists have been difficult (like
this mail, I'm reading more than a week after it has been posted). I've
basically fixed the problem that caused my lack of time problems. Will
be posting about it towards the end of the month. If all goes well I
should be back and participating soon.

> Much of the current LTSP discussion is still on the edubuntu-users
> list. I'd like to get people using this list again for more
> development related issues. I think the list will start seeing more
> traffic soonish.

I guess some people will also post LTSP specific questions to the LTSP
lists directly, which may explain a decrease in LTSP questions to this list.

If a question on this list goes unanswered until I'm back in full swing,
feel free to forward the question to me, and I'll do my best to answer
it (I'll reply back to the list, of course).

-Jonathan