-   Edubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/)
-   -   Does LTSP on Edubuntu/Hardy honor /etc/profile ? (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/149963-does-ltsp-edubuntu-hardy-honor-etc-profile.html)

john 08-27-2008 10:05 PM

Does LTSP on Edubuntu/Hardy honor /etc/profile ?

Hi all,

I have some scripts that I run from /etc/profile to symlink user files
to their desktops. Under Feisty I could call these from /etc/profile
Now that I am in the process of upgrading to hardy I find that when
the thin clients log in the symlinks aren't created. If I log in via
ssh the lines in /etc/profile are honored and files run just fine. Do
thin clients honor /etc/profile? If not where should I call stuff that
I want to fire at client log on?

I hope someone can help!

Thanks,

John