FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Edubuntu Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-23-2008, 08:58 AM
"Stefan Nuxoll"
 
Default Linux (and Edubuntu) in Schools

I am a long time Linux user (since 2001), and thus far I have contributed back to the community mostly in the form of support on both IRC and on the forums.* I however, have been looking to change that and contribute back in a more meaningful way.* Recently, I have taken an interest in getting linux into schools, not just using it, but teaching it, and have started a site to reach that goal (http://oss-school.com - still under development).* However, I was also wondering if there was anything I could contribute to Edubuntu?

--
Stefan Nuxoll <stefan@nuxoll.eu.org>


--
edubuntu-devel mailing list
edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-devel
 
Old 08-23-2008, 02:45 PM
"David Trask"
 
Default Linux (and Edubuntu) in Schools

"Stefan Nuxoll" <stefan@nuxoll.eu.org> writes:
[ http://oss-school.com ]

lemme know if you need help with posts.....or feel free to post or link to
some of my articles at fossed.blogspot.com or dtrask.wordpress.com Been
using Linux in our school since 2000...started using K12LTSP in fall of
2001....Edubuntu last year...etc

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org
(207)923-3100



--
edubuntu-devel mailing list
edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-devel
 
Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
"Stefan Nuxoll"
 
Default Linux (and Edubuntu) in Schools

I would love some help, the site desperately needs some content to get going, especially from people who have successfully gotten open source in some fashion into schools.

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 8:45 AM, David Trask <dtrask@vcsvikings.org> wrote:


"Stefan Nuxoll" <stefan@nuxoll.eu.org> writes:

[ http://oss-school.com ]



lemme know if you need help with posts.....or feel free to post or link to

some of my articles at fossed.blogspot.com or dtrask.wordpress.com * Been

using Linux in our school since 2000...started using K12LTSP in fall of

2001....Edubuntu last year...etc



David N. Trask

Technology Teacher/Director

Vassalboro Community School

dtrask@vcsvikings.org

(207)923-3100







--
Stefan Nuxoll <stefan@nuxoll.eu.org>


--
edubuntu-devel mailing list
edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-devel
 
Old 08-29-2008, 10:12 PM
David Farning
 
Default Linux (and Edubuntu) in Schools

off list because I am forwarding a email address
see below

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 13:21 -0600, Stefan Nuxoll wrote:
> I would love some help, the site desperately needs some content to get
> going, especially from people who have successfully gotten open source
> in some fashion into schools.
>
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 8:45 AM, David Trask <dtrask@vcsvikings.org>
> wrote:
> "Stefan Nuxoll" <stefan@nuxoll.eu.org> writes:
> [ http://oss-school.com ]
>
> lemme know if you need help with posts.....or feel free to
> post or

Stefan,
Have you thought of working with an existing opensource project rather
starting your own web site.

I have been analysing the OSS education communities and come the the sad
conclusion that very few are going to gain the critical mass necessary
to thrive;(

The four keys are

1. Technical knowledge
2. Educational knowledge
3. High quality product
4. Inovative product

If you are interested I am sure that there are many existing
organizations that would love your help.

SugarLabs.org is greatly in need of teachers. We already have plenty of
the theory folks.

edubuntu could also use the help.

It make me sad how many good education projects start and then die after
a few months. Steve Hargadon <steve.hargadon@gmail.com> ofK12 open
minds would be a good person to suggest a project.


thanks
dfarning




--
edubuntu-devel mailing list
edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-devel
 
Old 08-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Stefan Nuxoll
 
Default Linux (and Edubuntu) in Schools

The goal of my site is to point out useful projects such as Edubuntu,
and provide a community where educators and open source enthusiasts
in general can share knowledge. I have a feeling you were getting
the wrong idea about it.

And I would love to contribute to Edubuntu, but I have no idea where
to start.
On Aug 29, 2008, at 4:12 PM, David Farning wrote:

> off list because I am forwarding a email address
> see below
>
> On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 13:21 -0600, Stefan Nuxoll wrote:
>> I would love some help, the site desperately needs some content to
>> get
>> going, especially from people who have successfully gotten open
>> source
>> in some fashion into schools.
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 8:45 AM, David Trask <dtrask@vcsvikings.org>
>> wrote:
>> "Stefan Nuxoll" <stefan@nuxoll.eu.org> writes:
>> [ http://oss-school.com ]
>>
>> lemme know if you need help with posts.....or feel free to
>> post or
>
> Stefan,
> Have you thought of working with an existing opensource project rather
> starting your own web site.
>
> I have been analysing the OSS education communities and come the
> the sad
> conclusion that very few are going to gain the critical mass necessary
> to thrive;(
>
> The four keys are
>
> 1. Technical knowledge
> 2. Educational knowledge
> 3. High quality product
> 4. Inovative product
>
> If you are interested I am sure that there are many existing
> organizations that would love your help.
>
> SugarLabs.org is greatly in need of teachers. We already have
> plenty of
> the theory folks.
>
> edubuntu could also use the help.
>
> It make me sad how many good education projects start and then die
> after
> a few months. Steve Hargadon <steve.hargadon@gmail.com> ofK12 open
> minds would be a good person to suggest a project.
>
>
> thanks
> dfarning
>
>
>


--
edubuntu-devel mailing list
edubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/edubuntu-devel
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org