Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 AM
"Jordan Mantha"

Default what to do with denemo

Hi all,

I was looking into the status of the Ubuntu Education Edition CD for
the upcoming Intrepid Alpha 4 and it seems that denemo is a problem.
In the newer denemo version in Intrepid, Debian has introduced a new
dependency on libaubio-dev. In order to get that dependency we'd need
to move lash, jack-audio-connection-kit, libfreebob, puredata, and
aubio into Main.

Additionally, since Recommends packages are installed by default in
Intrepid, lilypond and csound are wanted. This adds in mftrace,
guile-1.8, t1utils, and potrace for lilypond and fltk1.1, fluidsynth,
ladcca, ladspa-sdk, liblo, lua5.1, portaudio19, portmidi, and
tcltk-defaults for csound. That's a grand total of 18 Main Inclusion
Reports for all build dependencies and recommended packages.

Perhaps we should consider dropping denemo in favor of another app?
Denemo has 17 open bugs in Debian and 8 in Ubuntu. Is it a often used
app? Would people miss it? Are there any good alternatives?

Thoughts or suggestions?

-Jordan

Old 08-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Jordan Mantha kirjoitti:

> Perhaps we should consider dropping denemo in favor of another app?
> Denemo has 17 open bugs in Debian and 8 in Ubuntu. Is it a often used
> app? Would people miss it? Are there any good alternatives?

There is Rosegarden, best one for working with midi. I installed today
12 Ubuntu Studio's on the music classroom with midi keyboards. If you
need music apps it is better install Ubuntu Studio than Edubuntu.

I think there is no need for any music apps on the Edubuntu CD because
of Ubuntu Studio DVD...

"Rosegarden is a KDE application which provides a mixed Audio/MIDI
sequencer (for playback and recording), a multi-track editor, music
editing using both piano-roll and score notation, MIDI file IO, lilypond
and Csound files export, etc."

http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/rosegarden

http://ubuntustudio.org/

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen

Old 09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
On Di, 2008-08-12 at 16:31 +0300, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> Jordan Mantha kirjoitti:
>
> > Perhaps we should consider dropping denemo in favor of another app?
> > Denemo has 17 open bugs in Debian and 8 in Ubuntu. Is it a often used
> > app? Would people miss it? Are there any good alternatives?
i dropped denemo from edubuntu-desktop today, if anyone has a good
program for musical note editing we could include, please suggest

ciao
oli

Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM
"Harry Sweet"

For notation I use either Rosegarden* http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/
*
and/or Lilypond.* http://lilypond.org/web/
*
They work very well together.* You can notate via a midi input, mouse or keyboard in Rosegarden if you like that
or in a text editor for Lilypond once you learn the language.**Lilypond will produce*beautiful print outs*in PDF and
Postscript formats and you can export from Rosegarden right into Lilypond.
*
*
harry

Old 09-06-2008, 02:20 PM

You could include noteedit ( http://noteedit.berlios.de/ ). A music teacher in my school uses it. She uses also the macro OOoLylipond ( http://ooolilypond.sourceforge.net/ ) for editing exercises and exams.

Rafael Avila.

GNU/Linux User nº 262.328 http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/runscript/display-person.cgi?user=262328
http://ravila.livejournal.com
Por favor, evita adjuntar documentos en formato Word (.doc y .docx), PowerPoint (.ppt y .pptx) y excel (.xls y .xlsx).
Lee esta página: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html
Descarga la suite de Office OpenOffice.org ( http://www.openoffice.org ). Es libre, gratuíta y multiplataforma, y está siendo desarrollada y mejorada continuamente por empresas y voluntarios de todo el mundo.