Old 05-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Twardy Sandrine

Default Problem with multipath and kernel 2.6.18-92.el5

Hello,

I have update my server to kernel 2.6.18-92.el5, and multipath not work
because a module dm_hp_sw is automatically load. But this module seem
don't work for my EVA 5000 HSV110.

i would like not load this module, but the command multipath -v 3 load
this module why ? Can I dont load this module ?

Thanks a lot for your responses

Old 05-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Dave Wysochanski

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 14:45 +0200, Twardy Sandrine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have update my server to kernel 2.6.18-92.el5, and multipath not work
> because a module dm_hp_sw is automatically load. But this module seem
> don't work for my EVA 5000 HSV110.
>
> i would like not load this module, but the command multipath -v 3 load
> this module why ? Can I dont load this module ?
>
> Thanks a lot for your responses

What are the vendor and product strings? (cat /sys/block/<devicename>/device/vendor and
/sys/block/<devicename>/device/model).

Could be there's an incorrect entry in hwtable.c causing the module to load incorrectly.

You should be able to override an incorrect entry from hwtable.c by putting a new entry
into /etc/multipath.conf for your device. To specify a null hwhandler, use something like:
device {
vendor "COMPAQ"
product "MSA1000 VOLUME"
path_grouping_policy group_by_prio
hardware_handler "0"
path_checker hp_sw
features "1 queue_if_no_path"
prio_callout "/sbin/mpath_prio_hp_sw /dev/%n"
failback immediate
}