Old 05-23-2008, 09:58 AM
"Laurent GEHLEN"

Default domap (0) failure for create/reload map

Hello,

Is there anybody who can help me to find where is my problem.
I'm trying to generate a mapper device with the tools multipath. But visibly it blocs before it finish, because I don't have any new mapper device.

When i chose the verbose level 3 i can see those interesting things:
# multipath -v3

[...]

sda: not found in pathvec
[...]
sdb: not found in pathvec
[...]
sdc: not found in pathvec
[...]
sdd: not found in pathvec
[...]
test: set ACT_CREATE (map does not exist)
test: domap (0) failure for create/reload map

[...]
libdevmapper: libdm-common.c(239): Setting SELinux context for /dev/mapper/test to system_ubject_r:fixed_disk_device_t.
[...]

I think the most interesting thing is the "domap (0) failure for create/reload map".

I've read a bit about the code mutlipath (cm/linux/storage/multipath-tools/libmultipath/configure.c+domap+(0)+failure+for+create/reload+map&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=4&gl=be&client=firefox-a)
And conclude (but not sure) that's the dm_addmap failed.

you can find the output of multipath -v3 here:
*--> http://rafb.net/p/J45SFA12.html

My multipath.conf here:
*--> http://rafb.net/p/G66QZ826.html

Thank you in advance for any idea!

Laurent

Old 05-24-2008, 09:47 AM
"Laurent GEHLEN"

I've just seen that the link are dead, so I uploaded the file on my server.

So now you can find the output of multipath -v3 here:
*--> http://xen-lo.no-ip.org/temp/output-multipath-v3

And my multipath.conf here:
*--> http://xen-lo.no-ip.org/temp/multipath.conf

Thanks

Laurent

Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 AM
"Laurent GEHLEN"

I've find some more info in my /var/log/syslog:
*** kernel: device-mapper: table: 253:12: multipath: error getting device
*** kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

Still no clue ?

Laurent

Old 06-03-2008, 02:52 PM

Laurent GEHLEN[list.4.gehlen@gmail.com] wrote:
> I've find some more info in my /var/log/syslog:
> kernel: device-mapper: table: 253:12: multipath: error getting device
> kernel: device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table
>
> Still no clue ?
>
> Laurent

Generally that means the devices you are trying to multipath are in use.
See if LVM has taken over them! What does "dmsetup table" tell you?

--Malahal.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:58 PM
"Laurent GEHLEN"

Yes I have LVM on the SAN Disk. But everything is on the sdd5. So i don't see by what the sd{a,b,c} could be in use ...

# dmsetup table
san_vg_root-san_lv_home: 0 4096000 linear 8:53 4096384
san_vg_root-san_lv_opt: 0 4096000 linear 8:53 8192384

san_vg_root-san_lv_root: 0 4096000 linear 8:53 384
san_vg_root-san_lv_tmp: 0 4096000 linear 8:53 12288384
san_vg_root-san_lv_usr: 0 4096000 linear 8:53 16384384
san_vg_root-san_lv_var: 0 10240000 linear 8:53 20480384

# ls -l /dev/sd* | grep "$majeur, *$mineur"
brw-r----- 1 root disk 8,* 0 May 21 13:22 /dev/sda
brw-r----- 1 root disk 8,* 1 May 21 13:22 /dev/sda1
brw-r----- 1 root disk 8,* 2 May 21 13:22 /dev/sda2

brw-r----- 1 root disk 8,* 3 May 21 13:22 /dev/sda3