Old 05-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Hannes Reinecke

Default scsi_dh framework update take #2

Hi James,

this is the second repost of my patchset to update the scsi_dh
infrastructure. It includes the comments by Chandra.

It's based on the current scsi-misc tree.

Main features of the patchset are:
- Use a single callback for the notifier chain
- Merge all device maps into a single list,
which will be scanned by a generic function
- Add a sysfs attribute 'dh_state' for each sdev
- Add a generic SPC-3 ALUA device handler
- Update device handlers to check if the
device actually supports this handler.
When attaching manually we are able to attach
to basically any device, so we have to make sure
that the device handler is actually supported.
- Manually attach a device when a hardware handler
is specified; this allows multipath to override
the built-in hardware table.
- Update dm-multipath to explicitly attach to
the specified device handler. This allows
overriding of the built-in table by the
multipath values.

As per usual, comment etc are welcome.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke zSeries & Storage
hare@suse.de +49 911 74053 688

Old 05-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Chandra Seetharaman

Hi Hannes,

I looked at the patches except 3, 4 and 5 (as I don't have context
knowledge).

Thanks,

chandra