Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Ryo Tsuruta

Default dm-ioband: I/O bandwidth controller v1.0.0: Introduction

Hi everyone,

This is dm-ioband version 1.0.0 release.

Dm-ioband is an I/O bandwidth controller implemented as a device-mapper
driver, which gives specified bandwidth to each job running on the same
physical device.

- Can be applied to the kernel 2.6.26-rc2-mm1.
- Changes from 0.0.4 (24th April):
- Performance tuning
- A new bandwidth control policy is added. This policy controls
bandwidth based on the number of I/O sectors instead of the
number of I/O requests.
I think it would be useful for some applications such as video
streaming or when you want to use high-end storages.
- Control read and write requests separately. So even if a
write I/O queue in an elevator is full, read I/O requests
won't be blocked.
- More accurate bandwidth control.
- Code cleanups. Remove the "LINUX_VERSION_CODE" and "inline" stuff.
- Fix panic on "dmsetup suspend."

For more details, please refer to:
http://people.valinux.co.jp/~ryov/dm-ioband/

Thanks,