Old 05-13-2008, 05:27 AM
"Tapan Chaudhari"

Default Help regarding dm library interface -- "libdevmapper"

Hi All,
** This is my first post on this mailing list, so please forgive me if I am asking this question in the wrong forum.

I am a beginner and am trying to develop a new target for device-mapper which is quite similar to snapshot. I have gone through dm-snap.c, but I am not able to understand how LVM2 uses dm library i.e "libdevmapper" interfaces to communicate to the kernel device mapper. Can you point me to some link which describes these interfaces and how to use them or any kind of help which would help me understand dm library interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
--Tapan.