Old 05-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Chandra Seetharaman

Default Update scsi_dh infrastructure

Hannes,

I do not see the patch

chandra

Old 05-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Hannes Reinecke

Hi Chandra,

Chandra Seetharaman wrote:

Hannes,

I do not see the patch

Argl. They got stuck in the mailqueue.

Here they are.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke zSeries & Storage
hare@suse.de +49 911 74053 688

Old 05-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Hannes Reinecke

Hi all,

this patchset updates the scsi_dh infrastructure as posted by Chandra Seetharman
recently.

Main changes are to switch to a single notifier callback instead of a per-handler
one and adding a sysfs attribute which allow to control the device handler
manually. Quite useful for testing.

I've converted all handlers for the new infrastructure; in addition I've updated
all handlers (except RDAC, Hi Chandra!) to refuse to attach to a device which
does _not_ support the appropriate method.
Except hp_sw, that is, as I didn't found a way of reliably detect this.

And I've added a generic SPC-3 ALUA handler.

Cheers,

Hannes