Old 07-13-2012, 07:44 PM
Spelic

Default EPRD and TIER vs bcache

Hello all dm developers
have you seen latest kernel projects by Mark Ruijter at www.lessfs.com?
he has an write-only caching block device with barrier correctness
(EPRD) and one tiered storage implementation (TIER, which also uses eprd
inside afaiu). I have not tested this stuff personally but seems very
interesting.
In particular, latest published benchmarks of TIER against BCACHE at
lessfs.com show TIER winning by a significant margin (about 2x). This
stroke me because I read that bcache might be introduced into the kernel
soon. Might TIER be a better choice?

Regards
S.