-   -   EPRD and TIER vs bcache (http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/683430-eprd-tier-vs-bcache.html)

Spelic 07-13-2012 07:44 PM

EPRD and TIER vs bcache

Hello all dm developers
have you seen latest kernel projects by Mark Ruijter at www.lessfs.com?
he has an write-only caching block device with barrier correctness
(EPRD) and one tiered storage implementation (TIER, which also uses eprd
inside afaiu). I have not tested this stuff personally but seems very
interesting.
In particular, latest published benchmarks of TIER against BCACHE at
lessfs.com show TIER winning by a significant margin (about 2x). This
stroke me because I read that bcache might be introduced into the kernel
soon. Might TIER be a better choice?

Regards
S.