Old 09-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Jens Axboe

Default Block cleanups

On 2012-09-06 17:48, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello, guys.
>
> (cc'ing Jens, Alasdair and Neil)
>
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 03:34:54PM -0700, Kent Overstreet wrote:
>> Screwed up the bio_reset() patch in the last patch series when I went to edit
>> the description, fixed that here.
>>
>> Only other change is the dm patch - made the front_pad conditional on
>> DM_TYPE_BIO_BASED.
>>
>> Kent Overstreet (8):
>> block: Generalized bio pool freeing
>> block: Ues bi_pool for bio_integrity_alloc()
>> dm: Use bioset's front_pad for dm_rq_clone_bio_info
>> block: Add bio_reset()
>> pktcdvd: Switch to bio_kmalloc()
>> block: Kill bi_destructor
>> block: Consolidate bio_alloc_bioset(), bio_kmalloc()
>> block: Add bio_clone_bioset(), bio_clone_kmalloc()
>
> This series looks good to me now. If someone can ack the dm patch, I
> think it's good to go. Jens, what do you think?

Looks OK to me too. I'll run a quick perf test on this tomorrow, and get
it queued up for 3.7 if it looks fine.

Kent, are to resend 3+5 to me?

--
Jens Axboe

Old 09-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Kent Overstreet

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 07:37:10PM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 2012-09-06 17:48, Tejun Heo wrote:
> > Hello, guys.
> >
> > (cc'ing Jens, Alasdair and Neil)
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 03:34:54PM -0700, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> >> Screwed up the bio_reset() patch in the last patch series when I went to edit
> >> the description, fixed that here.
> >>
> >> Only other change is the dm patch - made the front_pad conditional on
> >> DM_TYPE_BIO_BASED.
> >>
> >> Kent Overstreet (8):
> >> block: Generalized bio pool freeing
> >> block: Ues bi_pool for bio_integrity_alloc()
> >> dm: Use bioset's front_pad for dm_rq_clone_bio_info
> >> block: Add bio_reset()
> >> pktcdvd: Switch to bio_kmalloc()
> >> block: Kill bi_destructor
> >> block: Consolidate bio_alloc_bioset(), bio_kmalloc()
> >> block: Add bio_clone_bioset(), bio_clone_kmalloc()
> >
> > This series looks good to me now. If someone can ack the dm patch, I
> > think it's good to go. Jens, what do you think?
>
> Looks OK to me too. I'll run a quick perf test on this tomorrow, and get
> it queued up for 3.7 if it looks fine.

Thanks!

> Kent, are to resend 3+5 to me?

You should have it now.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:43 AM
NeilBrown

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:48:05 -0700 Tejun Heo <tj@kernel.org> wrote:

> Hello, guys.
>
> (cc'ing Jens, Alasdair and Neil)
>
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 03:34:54PM -0700, Kent Overstreet wrote:
> > Screwed up the bio_reset() patch in the last patch series when I went to edit
> > the description, fixed that here.
> >
> > Only other change is the dm patch - made the front_pad conditional on
> > DM_TYPE_BIO_BASED.
> >
> > Kent Overstreet (8):
> > block: Generalized bio pool freeing
> > block: Ues bi_pool for bio_integrity_alloc()
> > dm: Use bioset's front_pad for dm_rq_clone_bio_info
> > block: Add bio_reset()
> > pktcdvd: Switch to bio_kmalloc()
> > block: Kill bi_destructor
> > block: Consolidate bio_alloc_bioset(), bio_kmalloc()
> > block: Add bio_clone_bioset(), bio_clone_kmalloc()
>
> This series looks good to me now. If someone can ack the dm patch, I
> think it's good to go. Jens, what do you think?
>
> Thanks.

I'm very happy with them from the perspective of 'md'. Great work!

Acked-by: NeilBrown <neilb@suse.de>

for the few patches which touch drivers/md/md.c

NeilBrown