Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 AM
Busby

Default Does dm-thin support GC (garbage collection) ?

Hi All,
The dm-thin supports 'discard' now?Can I think this function
likes SSD's 'TRIM'? If it just discard the block mapped but not
remap(reallocate), the Pool's space will soon be used up . I want to
know whether it supports block reuse ( can use ext4 with '--discard'
test this? ) now or in the future.
Thanks.

Best regards,
Busby

Mon May 7 11:30:01 2012
d=google.com; s=20120113;
h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type
:x-gm-message-state;
bh=fijuwqJNRaeLaUIdhHiiO0aQsBzaqgS91UOQXtLE67Q=;
b=SB8kaq1W6Sg2ba/jqRkqaEVaY0zExOyl1t4W8Wedf/BFiaHRD+umLOUtbcVIST+1Bs
K8PUfFyngZowJU8QaSe0tjAHzzSfzK8gdDQo+usdKkjDNeTQU2 PaFxilkFFOgpTPvdN+
YInQ20+VZrWWwL4cMlGi/rq/bfwBqTU6OyShSHVEUkwK2YB9KMpblYwcr5OLrehFiXUU
pdhF+/uCc5DCg9+6NSdNvksSK9EWCZ3YvYAhtUF/ttNVzEQhyTDMe6ji12jWgTpqpczw
tNkKeZzJSlHrGwg1w48IZBOE9koKNm+FpcTEFm30M+rtw4zP9x qaeI7fHc/YpU9ycO0d
YH0A==