-   -   Device-mapper misc cleanup (http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/646434-device-mapper-misc-cleanup.html)

Hannes Reinecke 03-19-2012 02:53 PM

Device-mapper misc cleanup

This is small patchset for some cleanups I've found during
debugging other issues:

- Zero out bi_end_io: I always find it more convenient to
explictly zero out things we've set previously. No harm
done, but possibly easier debugging.
- Simplify call to free_devices(): free_devices() already
does a list_for_each(), so we don't have to check for
list_empty...
- Delayed cleanup for dm_table_destroy(): We have krefs
in the kernel, which does exactly what we want. And I
fail to see why we can't use them here. Plus we're
saving an msleep ...

Hannes Reinecke (3):
dm: zero out bi_end_io on remapping failure
dm-table: simplify call to free_devices()
dm-table: delayed cleanup for dm_table_destroy()

drivers/md/dm-table.c | 29 ++++++++++++++---------------
drivers/md/dm.c | 1 +