Old 12-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Yathindra

Default Compiling/linking applications using libdevmapper

Hi,

I'm actually
doing a make and make install in the LVM source code directory so I
can compile and link my application using -ldevmapper.

I'm wondering if this is the only way
(correct way) to build applications using libdevmapper ?

Thanks,

Yathi

Old 12-13-2011, 09:44 AM
Zdenek Kabelac

I'm actually doing a make and make install in the LVM source code directory so
I can compile and link my application using -ldevmapper.

I'm wondering if this is the only way (correct way) to build applications
using libdevmapper ?

If you want to build only device mapper part from lvm2 src tarball you may use:

make device-mapper

or just directly:

make install_device-mapper

(though there seems to be a minor issue with the install target which might
need some cosmetic cleanup - but it should install correctly everything you need)

Zdenek

Old 12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Yathindra

Hi,

Actually, I'm using some of the API's from libdevmapper and as such I'm
not installing device mapper.
So I'm linking my application by using -ldevmapper, but for devmapper
library (-ldevmapper), do I need

to build the device mapper part from lvm2 src ?

Thanks again,
Yathi