Old 11-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Harsha Sabbineni

Default device-mapper: table: 253:4: multipath: error attaching hardware handler

Hi,

I am seeing this error with multipath-tools device-mapper-multipath-0.4.9-23.0.9.el5 and 2.6.32-200.20.1.el5uek

device-mapper: table: 253:4: multipath: error attaching hardware handler
device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

multipath.conf has this. I am trying to use rdac.

devices {
* device {
**** vendor***************** "*"
**** product**************** "*"
**** features*************** "1 queue_if_no_path"

**** hardware_handler******* "1 rdac"
**** path_selector********** "round-robin 0"
**** path_grouping_policy*** group_by_prio
**** failback*************** immediate
**** rr_weight************** uniform

**** no_path_retry********** 20
**** rr_min_io************** 1000
**** path_checker*********** rdac
* }
}

I have tried doing multipath -F and then restarting multipathd but the error does not go away.

Is this a bug thats been fixed in later versions by any chance?

thanks in advance,
Harsha