Old 10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Mikulas Patocka

Default dm-crypt parallelization

Hi

Here are patches for dm-crypt parallelization:
http://people.redhat.com/mpatocka/patches/kernel/dm-crypt-paralelizace/

For each cpu, we create a kernel thread bound to that cpu. There is a
global queue with sectors to be encrypted. We add requests to the queue
and wake the per-cpu-threads. The threads pop requests from the queue and
process them.

Mikulas