Old 09-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Jojy Varghese

Default error injection

Hi
I am trying to dynamically add error injection to our virtual
disk(LVM) for testing+ debugging purpose. I saw "faulty" personality
module in the kernel and was wondering if there was any documentation
on its usage. I am not looking to set up a RAID but a simple mapped
device. So the basic use case is that I need to be able to dynamically
add/remove error sectors and also be able to have granular error
configuration like read error, read+write error etc.

thanks in advance
Jojy

Old 09-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Zdenek Kabelac

Dne 28.9.2011 21:32, Jojy Varghese napsal(a):
> Hi
> I am trying to dynamically add error injection to our virtual
> disk(LVM) for testing+ debugging purpose. I saw "faulty" personality
> module in the kernel and was wondering if there was any documentation
> on its usage. I am not looking to set up a RAID but a simple mapped
> device. So the basic use case is that I need to be able to dynamically
> add/remove error sectors and also be able to have granular error
> configuration like read error, read+write error etc.
>
> thanks in advance
> Jojy

Do you mean linux-kernel/Documentation/device-mapper/dm-flakey.txt

Or just plain dm-error target ?
There you could easily remap your device to be build for partial error
segments (i.e. replace single linear mapping with a list of error/linear segments)

Zdenek