Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM
Alasdair G Kergon

Default dm-kcopyd: Correctly free requests

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:15:42PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> kcopyd only frees the requests if the master job information is set up
> correctly, but it was not in the recently added path. This leads to many
> unfreed slabs during snapshot usage.

Referring to commit c6ea41fbbe08f270a8edef99dc369faf809d1bd6
dm kcopyd: preallocate sub jobs to avoid deadlock
which added the master_job field.

Alasdair

Old 08-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Alasdair G Kergon

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:37:47AM +0100, Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 12:15:42PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > kcopyd only frees the requests if the master job information is set up
> > correctly, but it was not in the recently added path. This leads to many
> > unfreed slabs during snapshot usage.
> Referring to commit c6ea41fbbe08f270a8edef99dc369faf809d1bd6
> dm kcopyd: preallocate sub jobs to avoid deadlock
> which added the master_job field.

and commit a6e50b409d3f9e0833e69c3c9cca822e8fa4adbb
dm snapshot: skip reading origin when overwriting complete chunk
which indeed forgets to set the new field.

I'll submit the patch shortly, together with some other minor fixes
sitting in linux-next.

Alasdair