Old 08-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Mikulas Patocka

Default question: deleting blocks

BTW.

When you delete a block in the space map, how do you make sure that the
block is not allocated for another purpose before commit?

Mikulas

Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Joe Thornber

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 02:27:56PM -0400, Mikulas Patocka wrote:
> BTW.
>
> When you delete a block in the space map, how do you make sure that the
> block is not allocated for another purpose before commit?

For the metadata-space-map I allocate from the space map as it was in
the last transaction (smm->old_ll). The data space map needs to do
the same (for some reason I thought we could get away without it for a
while) - it's on the todo list in multisnap.org and was mentioned
yesterday.

- Joe