Old 02-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Jeremy Katz

Default Remove some legacy stuff that's no longer relevant from .discinfo/.treeinfo

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 11:30 +0100, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
> Why remove package dir from the treeinfo info? better. Why remove
> the info pointing to the package dirs? In fedora where the only
> package dir is Packages its a little redundant to have this info in
> the treeinfo file. but in other spins, where you might want to
> separate your repos into logical sections (RHEL) it might not work as
> well. The buildinstall process itself does not need this information
> because it just needs the anaconda-runtime package to build (AFAICT),
> but it would be good to be able to put a list of "package dirs" into
> the treeinfo file to reflect the stage of the tree.
> I would leave this change but put in some type of probing logic in
> treeinfo so as to find all the dirs that contain repositories (a valid
> repodata file) and put it in the treeinfo file.

The package dir stuff is related to product path. In the day (today)
where everything is dependent on having repodata available, the
product/package path as it used to be is just no longer relevant. Even
for products which have multiple sets of repodata on the discs.

Jeremy