Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM
"Nigel Reed"

Default Multipath and primary pathing

Hi Christophe, and dev team.

I didn't see a mailing list so I hope you don't mind a direct email.

I have a customer who is using a netapp with primary and partner pathing.
It looks like data is being sent between the two paths. The customer is
wanting data to go down only the primary path unless it fails, then switch
to the secondary partner path.

I've tried several different configurations but cannot seem to get it to
work.

They're using a combination of RHEL 4.9 and 5.6 with the earliest version
of multipath being 4.5

If you can give me some help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nigel
--
Nigel Reed

Old 07-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Benjamin Marzinski

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 09:02:13AM -0500, Nigel Reed wrote:
> Hi Christophe, and dev team.
>
> I didn't see a mailing list so I hope you don't mind a direct email.
>
> I have a customer who is using a netapp with primary and partner pathing.
> It looks like data is being sent between the two paths. The customer is
> wanting data to go down only the primary path unless it fails, then switch
> to the secondary partner path.
>
> I've tried several different configurations but cannot seem to get it to
> work.

If I could have a look at

/etc/multipath.conf

and the output of

# multipath -ll

it would be easier to guess what's going on.

-Ben