Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Roberto Giordani

Default Multipathd on Opensuse 11.4 x64 buffer overwflow when starting with -D args too

Hello,
as described on Bug 693131

the

+ARGS="-d &>/dev/null &"

workaround doesn't work for me. :-(

I've tried to build the last multipath.tools 0.4.9 on Opensuse 11.4 x64
and the build seems ok, but after run
multipathd the system hang for few seconds and than fails.

I've tried to build RPMs too, but I have received an error when try to
use library on /lib and not on /lib64.
Changing the path on the Makefile I've receive another error.

Could someone help me, because on opensuse 11.2 and 11.3 the multipath
works fine.

Regards,
Roberto.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Hannes Reinecke

I've tried to build the last multipath.tools 0.4.9 on Opensuse 11.4 x64
and the build seems ok, but after run
multipathd the system hang for few seconds and than fails.

I've tried to build RPMs too, but I have received an error when try to
use library on /lib and not on /lib64.
Changing the path on the Makefile I've receive another error.

Could someone help me, because on opensuse 11.2 and 11.3 the multipath
works fine.

Sorry for this, but I've been pretty busy lately with a new release
coming on etc.

Most of my outstanding patches have been pushed upstream.
Unfortunately I've found some more issues in the meantime, which
still have to be pushed.

I'll see to have it fixed up.

Meanwhile you could try my multipath-tools git tree at

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/hare/multipath-tools.git
branch sles11-sp2

That should work on 11.4, too.

Cheers,

Hannes