-   -   Read balance of dm-raid1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/540999-read-balance-dm-raid1.html)

Feng Shuo 06-17-2011 02:47 PM

Read balance of dm-raid1

Hi all,

I installed RHEL 6 and found that its dm-raid1 only used one disk for all reads. In RHEL5, the reads should be balanced between all the disks. Is there any special concerns for disabling that? Data safe or consistency?

I googled and found there should be a read balance patch. Is that out of maintained in new kernels?
--
Feng Shuo
Tel: (86)10-59851155-2116

Postcode 100080
10th Floor, Tower A, The GATE building, No. 19 Zhong-guan-cun Avenue
Haidian District, Beijing