Old 06-03-2011, 04:15 PM
"Sandra Escandor"

Default Trouble with registering a raid volume with dmeventd

I notice that when I initially have the raid0+1 volumes
registered with dm_dso_reg_tool, and then simulate a disk failure by pulling a
member disk during an i/o operation, then reconnecting the disk, and then
rebooting, I see that the output of dmsetup status shows that all of the member
disks are active for each raid volume.

*

When I check out the output of dm_dso_reg_tool –m to
show the list of monitored devices, it shows that the raid volumes are not
registered with dmeventd. That’s fine, so I try registering all of the
raid volumes, but only two out of the three volumes only ever get registered
with dmeventd. Whenever I register the third volume, all three volumes become
listed as not currently registered with dmeventd.

*

What step am I missing?

*

Thanks for clarifying,

Sandra

Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 PM
"Sandra Escandor"

Hello all,

*

Is this the wrong mailing list for asking
questions about dmeventd? I haven’t heard any responses, so I thought I’d
ask.

*

Thanks,

Sandra