Old 11-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Tore Anderson

Default [dm-devel] Use LVM on /dev/mapper/diskname and iSCSI

* S. J. van Harmelen

> When I do use a 2.6.23.x kernel with the RDAC hardware handler I get the
> following error: multipathd[6895]: segfault at
> 000000000000000a rip 00002b251f24394f rsp 00007fff8bfaa730 error 4

This is indicative of a bug in multipathd. It might or might not be
serious, but I guess Christophe Varoqui would be interested in seeing a
backtrace of the segfault in any case...

Try running multipathd (make sure it's not stripped of debugging
symbols) with core dumps enabled ("ulimit -c unlimited"), and get a
backtrace ("gdb /sbin/multipathd core" - then run "bt full").

Regards
--
Tore Anderson

Old 11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Chip Coldwell

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, S. J. van Harmelen wrote:

> Tore,
>
> Please take a look at my reply to Malaha. This is also a reply to your
> message...
>
> Hope you have the time to read it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sander
>

> On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 19:43 +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> > * S. J. van Harmelen
> >
> > > Thanks for your help!
> > >
> > > I executed the pvs command and it did find a few partitions. I use
> > > iSCSI to share the LUN's to a XenSource server, and XenSource creates
> > > the PV's and LV's in order to provision VM's. Didn't think of that,
> > > but that's on the disk of course.

Sander: As a matter of netiquette, please don't top-post.

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 09:14 -0500, Chip Coldwell wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, S. J. van Harmelen wrote:
>
> > Tore,
> >
> > Please take a look at my reply to Malaha. This is also a reply to your
> > message...
> >
> > Hope you have the time to read it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sander
> >

> > On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 19:43 +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> > > * S. J. van Harmelen

> Sander: As a matter of netiquette, please don't top-post.
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

Point made... Will do...