Old 05-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Groshev Dmitry

Default dm snapshot diffs

Hello. I' m using LVM with snapshots on a big storage and for some reason I need to get some information that bare LVM doesn't provide. Is there a way to get a list of blocks that was changed since the snapshot was created? I see that snapshot-cow device if being filled, but how I can find a "old block in origin -> new block in cow" mapping?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Christophe Varoqui

On mer. 18 mai 2011 20:47:28 CEST, Groshev Dmitry <a2alt@ya.ru> wrote:

> Hello. I' m using LVM with snapshots on a big storage and for some

> reason I need to get some information that bare LVM doesn't provide. Is

> there a way to get a list of blocks that was changed since the snapshot

> was created? I see that snapshot-cow device if being filled, but how I

> can find a "old block in origin -> new block in cow" mapping?

you may want to look at dds in the www.opensvc.com git repo.

This small tool parse the lvm2 snapshot cow table format.