-   -   FW: Buffer I/O error on access lun..... (http://www.linux-archive.org/device-mapper-development/527717-fw-buffer-i-o-error-access-lun.html)

Swastik Das 05-18-2011 05:05 AM

FW: Buffer I/O error on access lun.....

Dear Team,
I mapped a Dell MD3200i*iSCSI storage to*one linux host(RHEL 5.5 64bit).Also i did the following configuration.

1)Use the iscsid.conf from the Dell MDSM CD and modify it with the*iSCSI*IPs of the array*

2) Install*the Agent portion of the MDSM software from the MDSM cd.

3) Install the Linux RDAC (multipath) driver from the MDSM CD as well.

*

But still during os booting i'm getting the following error.

*

SCSI device sdc:409601 512-byte hdwr sectors (21MB)

sdc:write Protect is off

SCSI device sdc:drivr cache: write through w/ FUA

SCSI device sdc:409601 512-byte hdwr sectors (21MB)

sdc:write Protect is off

SCSI device sdc:drivr cache: write through w/ FUA

sd 5:0:0:31: Attached scsi disk sdc

sd 5:0:0:31: Attached scsi generic sg3 type 0

end_request: I/O error, dev sdc, sector 40
*Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block*5
*Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block*6
*Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 7
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 8
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block*9
*Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block*10
*Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 11

Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 12
Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block*13
*Buffer I/O error on device sdc, logical block 14

*

Here*"sdc" is the access lun(ghost lun) which is a write protected lun used for managing inbound communication between*host & storage.I want to remove this error/Kernel should n't check this lun/blacklist this Lun or will make the access lun 31 not appear as a SD devices it will only show as a SG devices so that this message will not appear during OS booting

*

Pls suggest.
*
Thanks in Advance...