Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 PM
"Sandra Escandor"

Default setting up dmraid event monitoring

Hello,

*

I’ve been reading over the document, “How to
Setup Device Mapper Raid Event Monitoring_0.74”. I see that there is a
kernel patch that needs to be installed, but before I do this, I just want to
confirm (since I’ve never dealt with kernel patches before): If I have a
kernel that is of a later version (say 2.6.27), should I still install the
kernel patch that’s mentioned in the document
(dm-raid45-2.6.25-rc2_20080221.patch.bz2) ? The patch’s filename looks
like it is meant specifically for kernel 2.6.25.

*

Thanks for the clarification,

Sandra

*