Old 03-11-2011, 04:11 PM
"Martin K. Petersen"

Default block: Require subsystems to explicitly allocate bio_set integrity mempool

>> Yeah, that'll come as part of my DIX1.1 patch set.

Mike> Seems my concern should be fixed independent of a larger update
Mike> patchset. Unless DIX isn't meaningful for "stable" kernels
Mike> without your full DIX1.1 update?

Well, I'm not aware of any shipping non-512 byte block DIF devices other
than scsi_debug.

And it's not good enough to just fix it in DM since this is a hardware
parameter that needs to be queried and bubbled up. It can't be scaled
like the rest of the topology block sizes, it's wired in the
hardware. So I just don't see much point in trying to fix it now when
any ties to the logical block size will be severed in my impending patch
set.

--
Martin K. Petersen Oracle Linux Engineering