Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Xie Gang

Default How does dm-thinp handle the our of space error?

Hi,
*
The storage may run out of space and could not provision the space. So, how does thinp handle such error since thinp is transparent to uper layer filesystem?
*
Thanks,
--
Xie Gang

Old 03-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Heinz Mauelshagen

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 11:59 +0800, Xie Gang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The storage may run out of space and could not provision the space.
> So, how does thinp handle such error since thinp is transparent to
> uper layer filesystem?

It either postpones the bios until userspace has reacted growing the
pool _or_ it errors the ios depending on the related policy set.

This is defined by constructore parameter
* 4: policy = "error|postpone":
* if pool runs full, bios will be errored or postponed
* (ie. application writes will stall)

Heinz