Old 03-03-2011, 05:30 PM

Default Dell MD3200 - sd: Current: sense key: Illegal

Charles,

It seems that you mapped your LUNs some time after host bootup. That causes pseudo LUN 0 to be created. If you lay down DM using Dell software package, please invoke "rescan_dm_devs" for re-configuration.

We may need your related kernel message for further analysis. As to why setting "failback" to manual doesn't work on MD3200, the problem may be in multipathing daemon, in combination with SAS tranpportation trearing down all devices immediately after path loss. We've filed a bugzilla for this.

BTW, what is your LVM setting for these devices?

Thanks,
Yanqing